An outdoor kitchen is arguably one of the most useful features in an RV, allowing you to prep your own meals without sacrificing your time spent in the great outdoors! Read on to see our tips to make the most of your RV kitchen, and 3 delicious recipes to try out!
Must Haves In Your Outdoor Kitchen
- Outdoor folding table
- Portable trash can
- Portable grill
- Tabletop griddle
- Tabletop ice maker
- Cooking utensils
- Cleaning supplies
- Cutting board
Recipes To Make In Your Outdoor Kitchen!
Breakfast Skillet Hash
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- Bacon, Ham, or Sausage (Chefs choice)
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 scallions, diced
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking for about 10 minutes.
- Add the meat of choice and cook for another 10 minutes, until potatoes are golden and crisp.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Make four wells in the hash and crack an egg into each one. Sprinkle with cheese, and continue cooking until the yolk is to your desired firmness.
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve immediately.
One Pot Stovetop Lasagna
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into 2 inch pieces.
- 1-1/2 cups 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until completely browned and then drain. Stir in pasta sauce, water, red pepper, dressing and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, then stir in noodles. Reduce heat to medium low and cook covered until noodles are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in cottage cheese, heat through. Remove from heat and top with mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand until the cheese is melted and then stir!
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and chicken and cook until chicken is browned and onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in taco seasoning, undrained diced tomatoes, drained Mexicorn, white rice, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer. Keep the skillet covered for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through, stirring halfway.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and cover for 2-3 minutes until melted. Remove from heat, top with Doritos and any additional taco toppings before placing into taco shell and serving!