Try some of these Irish themed appetizers, drinks and desserts this St Patrick’s day!
Shamrock Chips with a Pot ‘O’ Gold Salsa
- Spinach Tortilla Wraps
- 2 large yellow heirloom tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 small clove garlic
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Press a shamrock shaped cookie cutter into the tortillas to make clean cuts.
- Place the cut-outs onto a cookie sheet and spray with a light mist of cooking oil and salt before placing them in the oven for 5 minutes.
- To make the salsa, chop all the ingredients and place them into a blender at a low speed. Place into fridge until you are ready to serve!
Mini Pot Pies
- 2 9″ refrigerated pie crusts
- 3/4 lbs lean ground beef, pork or turkey
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup frozen mixed veggies
- 5 strips cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs, beaten, divided.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pinch pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, mixed vegetables, cooked bacon, flour, worcestershire sauce, ketchup and 1 egg. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Cut 12 4 inch circles from the pie crusts. Then cut 12 2-inch circles for the top of the meat pies.
- Line the bottom of the muffin tin with the 4 inch dough circle. Divide the meat filling evenly among the 12 cups, top with 2 inch circles and pinch to seal!
- Use a fork to prick the top of the pies, then brush with remaining beaten egg over top. Bake for 30-35 minutes and allow them to cool before removing them from the tin.
- 12 oz bag dark cocoa candy melts
- Rainbow sour strips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmellows
- 1/2 cup green m&m candies
- Confetti sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add chocolate melts to a double broiler pan under low / medium heat. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Poor melted chocolate on to parchment lined baking pan and smooth evenly with rubber spatula.
- Lay the topping pieces on top of the bark randomly and chill for 1 hour.
Green Velvet Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 oz green food colouring
- 3 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Green sprinkles.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and green food coloring. Stir to combine and press into the bottom of a prepared baking pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well. Stir in vanilla extract and pour the mixture on top of the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the center is set. Cool for 15 minutes then transfer to a fridge to cool completely before slicing. Top with green sprinkles.
- 4 scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 drops green food coloring
- Whipped cream, for topping
Add milk, ice cream, and food coloring to a blender and mix.
Pour into a tall glass and top with mint chocolate chips or sprinkles!
- 2 slices of cucumber
- 5 basil leaves
- 8 mint leaves
- 1.5 oz Absolut citron
- .75 oz Elderflower liqueur
- .75 oz lemon juice
- .5 oz sugar syrup
Muddle the cucumber, basil, and mint in a shaker tin. Add other ingredients and ice, shake and then double strain.
- 1 1/2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces melon liqueur
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 splash orange juice
Combine the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice. Shake well, strain, and serve.