Whether you are curling up indoors with a good book, hosting a holiday party or spending time outside in the elements, our list of easy to make hot drinks will keep you warm throughout the winter season!
Hot Apple Cider
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 cups fresh apple juice
- 5 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 Chinese star anise
- 4 whole cardamom pods
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 orange, thinly sliced.
For a sweet juice use apples such as Gala, red delicious of Macintosh. For a tart juice, use apples such as Granny Smith or Pink Lady.
- Juice apples and place juice in a medium sized saucepan
- Add cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom, anise, ginger and lemon zest.
- Cover and heat on low-medium heat. Do not boil, just allow to sit at around 170F for 20 minutes.
- Add orange slices during the last 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and strain to remove spices and fruits
- Serve immediately!
Caramel Vanilla Chai Latte
- 2 cups water
- 2 peppercorns
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 black teabags
- 1-2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Combine water, peppercorns, cloves, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg and a cinnamon stick in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for at least 5 minutes. The longer you boil, the more flavorful your result.
- Turn off the heat and place tea bags in the water. Steep for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in caramel sauce and vanilla.
- Heat milk in the microwave for 15 seconds and stir into tea.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel sauce, serve immediately!
White Hot Chocolate
- 3 ounces high quality white chocolate
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, pour in milk and heat over medium low heat until steaming, but not boiling.
- Remove from heat, add white chocolate, and let sit for 30 seconds before whisking mixture.
- Return to low heat, add vanilla and salt and stir until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 40ml of expresso coffee
- 30ml gingerbread syrup
- 180ml whole milk
- 20 ml coffee liqueur (optional)
- Whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon
- Heat the milk and stir in gingerbread syrup.
- If desired, pour coffee liqueur into heatproof mug
- Pour hot expresso coffee into mug, and top with hot gingerbread milk.
- Garnish with whipped cream and toppings of your choice.
Pimm’s Winter Cup
- 2 cups apple juice
- 6 caramel candies
- 4 slices of orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 ounces of Pimm’s
- Apple slices for garnish
- Add apple juice, caramels, orange slices and cinnamon sticks into a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Warm the apple juice until the caramel melts
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Pimm’s
- Strain into cups and garnish with apple slices, orange slices, and cinnamon sticks.